I was reflecting on what types of design and marketing work I did in 2017 and was not surprised to see that the percentage of my time creating emails for clients grew again this year. It’s grown from 6% of my work in 2015, to 13% in 2016, to 25% in 2017. With algorithms limiting which social media posts are shown to your followers, email is more important than ever. It is direct access to your audience. It is under your control.
- Refine Your Mailing List
- Have a Defined “Call To Action” In Every Message
- Don’t Forget to Personalize!
- Send From a Legitimate Email Address
- Try Sending On Different Days and Times
- Undeliverables Are Unavoidable
- Choose A Compelling Subject Line
- Consistency Matters
Read Heather’s full post here. The tip I think about a lot is “Choose a compelling subject line.” You have to entice your subscribers to open the email, otherwise your message is lost.
Need help developing a newsletter for your business? Together we’ll:
- Set up an account with a mail service provider
- Upload your existing email address list
- Create sign up forms/links for use on your website, social media accounts, etc.
- Design a look that best represents you and your business
- Create a content plan that will simplify the creation of each issue
- Code and design the first issue and hit SEND
- Create future issues together OR set up a template for your independent use
- Ongoing marketing planning and content creation is available.
- Other available services include logo design, web design and development, e-commerce, social media marketing, and more.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and pricing specifics.
I look forward to connecting with you!
From the archives:
Your Email List is Valuable