- Do It. Stop pushing around a task and do it now.
- Delete It. Some things do not require your response.
- Delegate It. As often as possible, pass a task on to someone else
- Decide on It. Make a decision. Move on.
- Date It. Choose when you’ll give items your time and attention.
If you’re like me, and are on several Social Media platforms, you already know what a time suck they can be. It’s easy to get caught up in Social Media and end up feeling unproductive at the end of the day.
Tips to keep your Social Media time in check:
- Post before your work day starts and when it’s over.
- Link platforms, so a post on one platform feeds into other platforms.
- When not linking, use similar content across platforms to avoid reinventing the wheel.
- Schedule time to check the news feed (during lunch, while commuting, etc.) and stick to it. Don’t get sucked in during your productive time!
- Plan a posting schedule and keep to it.
- Write down posting ideas, to keep you on task. Don’t stop working to tweet.
- Always keep your “brand” and goals in mind. Every post should reinforce your brand and bring you closer to your overall Social Media goals!
Interesting Link: “How Successful Authors Use Social Media to Sell More Books”
If you’d like more info on my services, please visit my website eileenmckenna.com
If you are interested in reading about my artistic side, visit my blog mycreativeresolution.com
Copyright 2015 Eileen McKenna. All Rights Reserved.